Student Employment Program
The Career Advising & Student Training Office (CASTO) at the University of Sharjah has launched the
Student Employment Program (SEP) to provide part-time opportunities for enrolled UOS students, as well as to build a workforce that is ready to be called upon to serve the needs of the University community.
Students working part-time serve in a wide variety of positions at the University. The person who answers the phone when you call a campus department is often a UOS student working part time. Those who assist you in (M7 or W7) are the ‘Friends of the Admission & Registration Department’; they are also students working part-time. The Lab Assistants in dormitories labs, the organizing committees for conferences, workshops and ceremonies, and the individuals calling graduates to update information on the alumni database, all are UOS students who are working part-time.
Some of the benefits that students gain from part-time job opportunities offered by SEP are:
- Job opportunities to gain experience and support their CV’s
- Financial support
- Fostering workers who are enthusiastic and ready to help out when called upon
- Attaining diverse practical skills including (setting priorities, time management, and work ethics)
The University of Sharjah provides ample opportunities for students who wish to work on campus . Any full time undergraduate student is eligible to work on a part time basis on campus. The available vacancies are funded by the university and the student employers may be colleges, departments, administrative offices, faculty or staff.
- Student's Selection criteria: Student’s major
- Student’s major
- Course load
- Credit hours fulfilled
- Knowledge and experience
- SEP payment ranges from between AED20 to AED25 per hour.
- A student may be permitted to work up to maximum 160 hours per month.
- Students are not permitted to receive payment for any work beyond the hours approved.
- Students are not permitted to work in two SEP positions at once.
- Students are not permitted to work during final exams.
- Students are required to adhere and monitor the HR Policies & Procedures.
Applying procedures for students and employers
Please follow the links for more information
For any inquiry, please contact us at: