Process for Announcing Vacancies
Departments/units wishing to employ students must register available vacancies with CASTO by following the below procedures:
- Making sure there are sufficient funds in the department’s/unit’s budget to cover the positions to be announced.
- Filling out the Student Employment Form (V-Form).
- Making sure to fill in all required fields.
- Print and send a signed and approved hard copy of the form to CASTO office in the main building (M11-025).
Remark: Please note that a vacancy will be announced only after receiving a signed copy of the V-Form from the employer.
CASTO is responsible for finalizing the acceptance process through the following:
- Reviewing in coordination with the Finance Department the vacancy’s details and making sure that the department’s/unit’s allocated budget will allow for the designated payment to the student.
- Announcing vacancies as detailed in the (V-Form).
- Receiving employment applications and any additional attachments for students.
- Screening submitted applications to make sure that they meet the criteria for student employment as stated in the criteria for selection above.
- Sending employment applications meeting the required standards and criteria to the departments/units in order to complete the selection process by interviewing shortlisted students and selecting the appropriate candidate.
Departments/Units seeking to employ students are responsible for the selection process and should follow the below employment procedures:
- Notifying CASTO of the name of the student/s who have been selected by sending the complete Nomination Form.
- CASTO office sends a notification of employment e-mail to the selected cadidate and ask for their IBAN details in order to process payment electrically.
- Appointing a direct supervisor from the department/unit, whose task will be to oversee the student’s performance and his/her duties at the place of work or for whatever the project might be.
- Overseeing the preparation of the Student Timesheet for the respective student/s and verifying that this matches the actual number of hours worked.
- Submitting the complete Student Timesheet to CASTO office at the end of each month, as approved by both the Direct Supervisor and the Dean/Director.
- Student employees should receive their wages from the Finance Department in a period of at most up to two weeks after the Student Timesheet has been submitted.
Back to main page